Local TD Denis Naughten has welcomed the allocation of funding under the Community Energy Grant Scheme for 14 different projects for energy efficiency upgrades to local homes, businesses and community buildings across East Galway and County Roscommon.
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI), have awarded grants to projects in Ballaghaderreen, Ballinasloe, Castlerea, Dunmore, Glenamaddy, Roscommon & Monksland as well as the retrofitting of homes of older people, families and people with a disability across the area. The projects are aimed at improving quality of life and reducing operating costs.
“The homes will be upgraded through improved insulation, heating, lighting, window and floor upgrades which will reduce energy bills and make these homes more comfortable and healthier, at an average cost of €17,000,” said Denis Naughten.
Grant aid to support these projects is provided through the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). Other community groups that want to become involved in the energy upgrade scheme should contact the SEAI directly.
“Not only does this investment reduce electricity and oil bills but it makes local businesses more viable, helps community groups keep their doors open and ensures the homes of families in fuel poverty are more comfortable and healthier to live in. There are also significant supports available for individuals,” stated Denis Naughten.
“Works supported by these programmes create jobs and support the local economy. And there is no doubt that those who avail of training to become experts in installing energy efficient technologies and carrying out energy efficient improvements to houses, will be able to capitalise on the Government plan to upgrade half a million homes this decade.”
Further details: http://www.seai.ie/
List of local projects approved
- Aurivo processing Co Roscommon Energy efficiency upgrade
- Scoil Uí Cheithearnaigh Ballinasloe,Galway, is proposing lighting upgrades
- Supervalu Castlerea Co Roscommon, are proposing PV upgrades
- Youth Work Ireland Castlerea Co Roscommon is proposing, lighting heating insulation and glazing works to their facility
- St Kevin’s GAA Roscommon is proposing glazing and lighting works to their club house
- Harmac Medical, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon is proposing lighting and AHU upgrade with BMS
- Kearneys Chemist, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon is proposing insulation, lighting and Storage Heater
- Ballindrimley Office Building, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon is proposing lighting and heat pump upgrade with PV upgrade
- Philip Webster Plant Hire, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon is proposing PV
- Dunmore Church, Dunmore Co. Galway wall insulation, lighting upgrade with heating controls
- Beatie Meehan – Londis Glenamaddy, Co. Galway, is proposing refrigeration and cooling upgrade
- Sonas Cloverhill Nursing home, Cloverhill, Co. Roscommon is proposing wall and roof insulation, with lighting and heat pump upgrade
- Smiths SuperValu Monksland, Co. Roscommon is proposing refrigeration upgrade
Homes across Roscommon & Galway
As well as the investment in energy efficiency upgrades for business and community facilities right across County Roscommon and County Galway homes will be retrofitted to bring them up to a B2 energy rating costing approximately €17,000 each and dramatically reducing their heating costs.